Motivational Monday

So to be completely honest my motivational Monday didn't go so well. I tried to motivate others by posting on The Road Behind Me Facebook page so I hope it helped someone out there. As for my complaint of the day...I'm sick. Sore throat, cough, body aches, congestion, upset stomach- I could be a DayQuil/NyQuil advertisement.
 
Despite my minor illness I woke up this morning determined to run. I talked myself out of bed and tried not to think about anything other than running. It worked! I focused on my goal and got it done. There was a little nose blowing and wheezing going on but I know there are people who suffer much more than I do. So props to those of you who struggle on a daily basis but wake up thanking God for the blessed day.
 
Today was hill training. Anyone who lives in Northwest Minnesota knows that there are not many hills around these parts. I would have to drive almost an hour in order to run on the elite recommended training hills. This is the one we chose this morning.
 
 

 
Hey it's better than nothing and it's the only one I could come up with without having to drive somewhere. Plus, the snow is a few feet deep and this is the only place it's packed down enough for us to run on. Our first hill run was done on Bryan's treadmill and have I ever told you that treadmills SUCK? Well they do!
 
We got what we needed this morning so I'd say it was a successful little workout. Luckily we didn't injure ourselves running this unfamiliar terrain in the dark. Sounds funny I know, but a person could easily turn their ankle or tweak their back out here. I didn't even see the exposed ice when we ran under this bridge.
 
 
It was dark. You'll have to use your imagination.
 
 
The incline on the north side was a bit steeper so the second time going up I slipped, and slipped again, and slid back down about a foot, then finally used my hands to pull myself up. It wasn't fun going back down either. I slipped and caught myself but overextended my back and ran like Scooby Doo so I wouldn't fall on my face.
 
.
It's steeper than it looks
 
Although I was bummed I only ran 2 miles (which was all our plan recommended) I was happy that I made myself get up and get out. Stay motivated my friends and feel free to share your Monday stories with me. I love reading other comments besides my own.
 

Comments