Your Group Can Eat Mine For Breakfast

Insanity just got a lot more interesting. I already felt depleted this morning when I made
my way over to the school but all the air got completely sucked out of my lungs when I saw the high school gym teacher and track coach come walking in. Don't get me wrong it was great having them join us but holy crap was I nervous. Let me just make a comparison for you to relate to- it's like me trying to run with Usain Bolt. Sure we both run...oh gosh need I even explain the drastic differences? Usain Bolt is a freakin Olympic runner for goodness sakes. I know these guys aren't Olympians or anything but they workout like they are, or so I've heard. Their group has done just about every extreme Beachbody workout; P90X, P90X2, Insanity, and Insanity Asylum. Then they did Tapout
and weight training plus they play basketball, run, hurdle buildings, fight crime...yeah just the
basic superhero stuff.
 
Can you see why I'm a little nervous? They're so much different from my old and out of shape high school track coach and gym teacher. Wait, you need a visual comparison.
 
This is like my workout group (sorry guys)...
 
...and that's their group
 
Now do you feel my pain? This morning I ignored the stars, the dry mouth, and the bile that was trying to emerge. The gym teacher was right behind me and there was no way I was stopping. So when I asked him if he'd be joining us again I was totally excited about his response:
"Yeah I plan on being here for the rest of the week."
 
As sarcastic as that was I really do like when more people workout with us and I think they'll be a great addition if they do continue. I want to give this 2nd round of Insanity 110% and they will push me to do just that. I just need to hydrate, get enough sleep, and move to the back of the gym.
 What? It's not like getting car sick when you have to sit in the front.
 
See which superhero you are by clicking here.

Comments

Post a Comment