Birthday Wishes

In celebration of my 34th birthday today I'm going to share a few items on my list of things (mostly running) I want to accomplish before I'm 35.

1. Run my first official marathon (hopefully I'll have run at least 2 by then).

2. Run a half marathon in 1:45 or less.

3. Get my orthodontic work started.

4. Get my Fire Fighter I certification.

5. Watch my blog hit 100 page views for one single post.

6. Reach my weight lose goal.

7. Complete an adventure race.

8. Complete a race in a state that doesn't border Minnesota.

9. Complete a zombie run.

10. Run a race with my sister.

Well 10 is a nice round number. I have so many other goals but this is a running blog after all. I've
had many doors open for me in the last few months and I'm hoping
that more continue to open as I go down my road of adventure. I'm thankful for all the
experiences I've had and all the support I've received.

 Having a 4 year old with a kinked neck who thinks she can't move is very tiring so it was pretty cool to get so many birthday wishes today via phone, text, email, visits, and Facebook. I heard a lot of "Mom" calls today but that's what being a mom is all about. We give up our special days to make our kids days special. No more days of partying until my birthday is officially over at midnight. Nope- I just ate my cake, took a bath, and went to bed. Perfect!

Mike said this is his new favorite cake. I found the recipe here.





Comments