5 Things

I've been following the blog Shut Up + Run for a few months now and if you haven't already checked out her posts you really should. She recently asked her readers to blog about 5 things they love right now, so here it goes.

1. I really love the Buff I bought through Running Warehouse. I now have the
botanic blue one pictured below.

Folded over covering the ears; there are many other ways to wear it.

I did have the cell pink one but I lost it right after this jump during Tough Mudder...

The last known picture of my pink Buff *sniff*

...and since it became my favorite new accessory I had to buy another one. It works really well for keeping my shorter hairs out of my face and it wicks sweat away. I definitely need/want more of these in different patterns and colors.


2. Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino



I would not have went to the store and spent $2.50 just to try this. So thanks to my friend Jana, who forced it down my throat, I am addicted to this pint size beverage. I'm not a coffee drinker but I do like coffee ice cream, Dairy Queen Moolatte's, and now this. Totally yum!


                                                      3. Playgroup Granola Bars

recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: PREGOCOOK
Photo By: chibi chef
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
Servings: 24
"My girlfriend brought these granola bars over for a playgroup one morning and ever since they've been a staple!"
Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup wheat germ
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup raisins (optional)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions:
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2.In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, raisins and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
3.Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.

I stumbled upon this recipe one day while trying to find some healthy snack ideas for the kids.
Caution: you could eat the whole pan by yourself.


4. Nathan Hydration Pak



With the warmer weather finally here I have been using my Nathan Hydration Pak on almost every run. I bought it sometime this winter and haven't used it much until now. The bladder holds 1.5 liters of liquid (haven't tried anything but water) and there are three pockets for storing things like toilet paper and snacks. I really love that I barely know it's there. I mean I know it's there but I don't really feel it, so in other words it's very comfortable and lightweight. I didn't get a female version but this one seems to work just fine as nothing gets in the way of the ladies. The only time I just about emptied it was during my 30 miler. In the summer even a 3-4 mile run can be draining so my Pak will be with me for the next few months. I think I should name it. Suggestions?

5. Clouds

When the weather turns warm, and the kids are outside more often, I grab my camera and load up the memory card with shots. This past week has been awesome for cloud photos!



 I don't think pictures do these clouds justice though. They have lifted my mood and made the scenery much more interesting while I'm running, and driving, through this flat land of Minnesota. Since I don't have the mountains, oceans, or lakes (or really anything but farm land) to look at these beautiful clouds have been natures gift. So maybe they don't really fit into the 5 things list as well as the others but I'm still diggin em!




Another added bonus to things that I'm loving right now are my two newly found friends. It's funny how you can connect with people so quickly. I often wonder where the heck they've been hiding for the past 17 years. We're supportive of each other through all our ups, downs, and panic attacks. They exceed their text limits for me, frequently read my blog, squeeze me into clown cars, slurp star shaped jello with me, tempt me with good food, and injure my kids (ok not on purpose). So thank you ladies for the past month and a half of fabulousness!


[Need their photo inserted here (ahem ladies)]

Comments

  1. I have to try those granola bars. They sound terrific.

    The Buff is a very practical piece of head wear. That would be good for me to do things around the house. It keeps the sweat out of the eyes.

    Keep up the good work and I'm glad you have some good friends to share things with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment