This Mom is Busy

I am exhausted! I also feel a bit lost. I have not run much in the last few weeks and I really dislike that. I planned on running last Friday and Saturday- didn't happen. Then I thought I would run Saturday night and possibly Sunday, but that didn't happen either. We were just too busy this weekend and the things we wanted to do never got done. I think we all know how that goes. I mean don't get me wrong I had an amazing weekend with amazing people but we got no rest time. As a matter of fact this post has been hanging in limbo for a few days...it's Tuesday already. My life still seems to be moving at warp speed and although I've been blown off course a few times the track is still under steady feet.

Last night of ECFE for Miss O (these were time consuming)

I really need to get some running in before the Tough Mudder this Saturday but I don't know when that will happen. Mike is with our 12 year old for a class trip and they won't be back until tomorrow night (I can't wait). That has left me with four other children to take care of. I was barely home yesterday and today has been non-stop up until right now. I just finished the Insanity workout that I missed this morning. I didn't wimp out; I was awake and at the school by 5 but I needed to head back home for some much needed rest (4 hours of sleep last night just didn't cut it). I was sucker punched yesterday, but I'm keeping my head up and my spirits in tact. For those of you that didn't see my Facebook status it was this:
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
― Dr. Seuss
I also bought some new running socks and some fingerless gloves for all the rope climbing I will be doing on Saturday. Our team start time is 11:40 a.m. so that will give us some time to dissect the course a bit and sike ourselves up. I'm pretty pumped about the whole event and I'm even more pumped that I've built up some of my arm muscles to help me through it.

Not too shabby

My workout priority for today was to complete my missed workout, be ready to do it again early tomorrow morning, then hopefully get a run in tomorrow night. The girls and I are going to a friend's house for supper sooooooo I'm crossing my fingers that that run gets completed. I know for sure I will not be doing Insanity Friday or Saturday because of the Tough Mudder so Bryan and I have a scheduled 2 mile send off run Friday morning. Maybe I could run Thursday night or I could go in the morning since it's cardio recovery. I'm just thinking out loud (or through my typing) so just hang in there. Once Mike gets back my plans may all change but hopefully he will get back into his workout routine also. I know two kids have dentist appointments on Thursday and that is very time consuming. Volleyball also starts on Sunday so I must prepare for all that traveling again. Ugh! I'm just way too busy, but soon school will be out, our older girls will be working, and outdoor time will be mandatory, which means more running, hiking, camping, playing with kids, and swimming. Oh yeah did I forget to mention I will be doing an official full marathon in October. Yep, that means more training throughout the summer. Should be a blast!

Comments

  1. Wow the muscles are bulging! Good for you. Hope you have the strength and energy to get all your workouts and runs in. Have fun doing the Tough Mudder cause your one Tough Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha not quite but at least there's some definition. I plan on thinking about nothing else but a good time starting Friday morning :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment