Monday

As I type this post I am feeling feverish and my hands are a bit clammy, so if I seem incoherent it's because I am. I started to feel ill on Sunday, as my previous post had mentioned, but a 3 mile Monday run didn't sound so bad. I also had plans to go skiing with my husband that day to celebrate our anniversary; 13 awesome years! So I set my alarm for 5:45 a.m. but I never actually turned it on. Why? Well I think it was forgetfulness mixed with subconsciously knowing I wasn't up for it. So running was put on the back burner and I was afraid our ski date might be postponed as well. However the decision was mine and I was NOT going to let my first ski experience be ruined by a little cold. So I think it's safe to say that I made up for my lack of running because snow plowing most of the day was a great substitute exercise for my legs. Yes skiing was a lot of fun and it kept my mind off of the horrible cold that was slowly getting worse. Not only did I learn something new but I also taught myself that "new" sport. Mike had called the Buena Vista ski resort and was informed that there were no ski instructor on Monday so I was on my own. With a simple google search I watched some how-to videos and I guess they helped because after overcoming my fear of the bunny hill I was able to ski. The hardest part was getting off the lift, but I managed to stay vertical a few times. I also learned that grabbing a stationary object does not help because as your top half stops the bottom half keeps going which leads to...an embarrassing fall! So after waking up and not feeling too sore I had to bring a child to an early morning dentist appointment which made running this morning out of the question. Dropping one child off at school I had to bring another one home because she too was sick. I thought maybe I could go to the gym this afternoon since Bryan would be too busy for a night run, but that also never happened. I made it through most of my work day and just couldn't function properly anymore so I had to surrender and go home to bed. Maybe tomorrow I can run, but it's not looking promising right now!

Comments