Heat

So I've come to realize that running in the heat is much harder than running in the cold. I have a harder time breathing and I overheat, which leads to dehydration. Last week when I went for a run in the morning I overdressed but tried to run at a fairly decent pace. It was tough! I didn't just do intermittent sprinting but I kept a steady 5K pace. I honestly don't remember my time but I think it was around 27 (not my fastest). What I do remember is that after taking a cool shower I continued to sweat for about an hour. I would much rather be warm than cold but this type of heat exhausts me. So it's officially short and t-shirt running weather for sure. I recently received a free runners log in the mail from Runners World so starting this week I will be keeping track of my time, the weather conditions, and my mileage.

Comments