Life Changes

I've been out of the running game for a little while, but I'm finally back and training for my 5th full marathon next month. I also got accepted in 2 lottery picks. One for the Beach to Beacon 10K and the other one is the Superior Fall Trail Race Marathon. My plantar fasciitis is controlled, my knees and ankles are feeling better after the Harder'n Hell Half (that nearly killed me), my back is getting aligned, and I have so many awesome adventures ahead. It's going to take some time to get back to the fitness level I was at a few years ago but I'm ready for it.






So what else have I been up to? Well, where do I begin? I am an independent gallery guide with Gallery on the Go, which is a mobile canvas painting party business. I started in April 2015 and have loved every minute of it. I was looking for a way to make a little money without sacrificing all of my "extra" time. I attended a friends "Paint and Sip" party and had so much fun that I signed up. It's perfect because I can schedule as many or as few parties as I want depending on my families schedules. We're only required to guide one party a year. That's it! I have met so many wonderful people since I started and I can't wait to meet many more.
What's my art background? In college I took a Drawing, Photography, and Art History class but never did much with painting. That's the beauty of this business...I don't need to have an art background. Although having an art background makes you a super awesome guide with lots of extra knowledge it really isn't necessary. So, right now I'm saving and making plans for the retreat coming up this summer. I'll be going to Colorado to hang out with some pretty awesome guides from all over the US.





I've also decided to add more adventure to my life by backpacking. So far I have a backpack, flint and tent...what more do I need? Well it's a start anyway. My friend and I decided we are going to take a few trips this summer to explore all on our own. These small trips will someday lead to our long trek across the Appalachian Mountains. Yes we will conquer them!




My sweet husband bought me a SUP (stand-up paddle board) for Christmas so my dog, Tuck, and I can paddle away on the lake this summer. The thing is ginormous. I can't wait to go camping and bring Tuck for the first time. He really seems to like the water so I can't wait to take him swimming. He's my new running buddy and we are learning lots about each other. Like how Tuck learned that I don't like being forced onto the pavement and giving big chunks of skin to the earth. Overall he's been an amazing running partner. He's still only 11 months old but he's run up to 13 miles with me. We take breaks and I bring water and treats for him so we're all good!



My youngest daughter moved up to competition level for dance this year. Her group took home a 2nd and 3rd place medal for their season. Pretty good for their first year! It's going to be a long haul for us with this child. The constant melt downs over the perfect bun are going to be the death of me. Hopefully she can practice a lot this summer and be ready to do her own hair next year.

My second child just graduated high school and that has been a tough change in our lives. We are so fortunate that God blessed her with some amazing friends (and their parents) so she really enjoyed her senior year. Next year she will be off to college but still living at home to help with her expenses. It's just very hard to think of her all grown up and ready for the next big step in her life.

We are starting to get ready for the camping season and I'm so excited to get away and relax. It's been a crazy busy year and I need some peace. Lots of photos and stories to come...





Comments