On This Episode

On this episode of The Road Behind Me...

C's date for prom asks someone else to go with him- her best friend. Will she ditch her date, her best friend, or both?

L wakes to excruciating pain and requests an ambulance. Her husband refuses to call one for her. Will she survive?

M is faced with a tough decision (not about the ambulance). He must carefully weigh all his options.

and...a simple experiment goes horribly wrong. 

Alright so C was asked to prom by a senior boy (she's 16). She wasn't sure if she should go but decided to say yes. She was all excited talking about her dress, nails, hair, tan, jewelry, etc. Well rumor has it a few days later this boy told C's friend "X" that he could take both of them. To which X replied, "That would be awkward and I don't want to make C mad." Well another rumor had it that the next day X and boy were going together and C was left on the curb. Then when C found out another boy wanted to go with her she said, "No thank you I'm not going to go this year." BAM! Take that boys. X allegedly never said yes to the boy but high school girls have another story to tell (The facts in this story may not be based on real facts as this blog is soap opera themed).

A friend of mine didn't know C wasn't going and brought a beautiful dress over, so of course we made her try it on.


Beautiful inside and out

On Saturday I ran 8 miles on the treadmill and felt a little crampy in my stomach but didn't think much of it. I had been feeling that way for a few days and just brushed it off as me just being a woman. Sunday morning I woke up around 5 a.m. to use the bathroom and when I got back to bed the pain was unbearable. I told hubby something was wrong so he started getting ready to go to the ER. The pain seemed to be getting worse and I was sweating profusely. I didn't know if I had to go to the bathroom or throw up. All I could think was that my appendix burst. Then I realized the pain was on my left side and I knew the appendix was on the right. I requested, very nicely, to have an ambulance. Hubby replied in evil satanic voice, "No, I will bring you. Get dressed." What? "I can't get dressed!" I said nicely. He tried to help me put my shirt on but I brushed him away. 

OK so that's not quite what happened but it was awful. It was like labor but without the breaks between contractions. I didn't want to talk or be touched. Riding in the van was even more miserable as every little bump was torture. I felt like I was going to throw up but never did until we arrived in the ER. After that I felt much better. The doctor thought it was a kidney stone and it turned out that he was right. Really? A little stone causes that much pain? I have never had one before but I'm told I'll probably get another one sometime before I die. Can't wait. 


Bored selfie

Hubby and I went skiing for our anniversary and after the GPS lead us down all kinds of crazy trails we were relieved to arrive in Lutsen. We went for supper right away and the bar was loaded. Hubby had a tough decision on what kind of beer he should order. First world problems. Oh and I crashed- a lot- and really hard. My knee twisted many times as my skis didn't release. It was a bit frustrating as hubby kept bringing me farther up the mountain. 95 runs was a little intimidating but the Big Bunny started me off feeling pretty good. I knew I should have bought a helmet.





Hubby went fishing with some family friends a few weeks ago and told me that one of them drinks a Pepsi every night for stomach aches. At first I thought it sounded really gross but they said it worked for them. So I thought maybe it could work for me. I wasn't willing to consume a Pepsi every night but maybe when my stomach really hurt and was bloated I could drink a bit of carbonation and it would help to release some pressure. I really didn't want it to work but I remembered the last few times I did have soda or a beer my stomach felt almost normal. Worth a try since I've tried so many other things. 

 Monday when my stomach hurt I grabbed a beer and drank about half the bottle. My stomach didn't feel great but it was better. Well at least I thought it was. As soon as I started running on the treadmill my stomach felt really uncomfortable. Epic fail #568. 

It gets uncomfortable to the point where the pain is also in my back. It's so miserable. A heating pad usually helps a bit and now I'm trying Dicyclomine. I'm willing to try anything at this point.


Photo shoot

Well that's the interesting happenings. Stay tuned for the next episode...

Comments