Wanna Be a Runner?

I have the wildest bunch of girls on this side of the Mississippi river. Yeehaw! Seemed like that just fit in there somehow. It must be this hot weather mixed with these long summer nights that has them acting like a bunch of hooligans. Gotta love it! I love when they see certain friends of mine and they automatically ask, "Are you going running mom?" Wow I guess my friends should come over just to hang out more often. Nah I like my friends just for running and then they can go home.
Adios Bitchachos!
 
Me and four of my girls got to be food critics for our friend Brock tonight. He kindly brought over some homemade granola bars that were super yummy (his own recipe). I think he could market these and call them Brock Bars. 81 on 81 is next Friday and he offered to make some of these bars for the team- I say heck to the yeah. It's a little tough to eat in the middle of the night but we need to fuel somehow. I think these will even be accepted by my hateful stomach.
 
Banana on the left and Chocolate Peanut Butter on the right
 
I preferred the banana but they were both super tasty. Even my kids really liked them, which is great news for moms. Brock is a really good healthy cook/baker/concoction artist/food artisan/food creator guy and makes very healthy meals and snacks. Ladies he's also 34, in very good shape, and single. Woot Woot! We kind of made an agreement though. If I find a female running partner she has to date Brock and if Brock finds a girlfriend she has to run with me. Fair? I think so. Single females who run are hard to come by around these parts. This fact lead me to come up with a crazy idea for a new website. It's in the works so stay tuned.
 
But first I need to get the Run for God 5K challenge started. I'm so excited about this program and I hope that anyone who has ever even briefly thought about running will give this a try. You don't have to be a certain age, shape, size, gender, or race. You just have to do it!
 
 
 
 
Don't say or think any of the following- they are all myths.
I can't do it
I'd die trying
I'd die after a few steps
I'm too big
I'm too old
I'm not a runner
I don't have time (1 hour of exercise is 4% of your day)
Running will ruin my knees
I'm not in shape
 
If you want to do something just do it. Think positive and work your way through it. We're all strong individuals and we all have our reasons for running. This will not only change your lifestyle physically but also mentally. It just feels good. It doesn't mean you have to wear fancy clothes or sign up for races. You don't need to learn how to effectively poo in the woods or blow snot rockets. You don't need to get those runners calves (although you'll love them) or have runners arms. You don't have to wear a hydration pak or eat energy bars. This is about YOU and what you're capable of. 
 
This is:
 
Physical- Create a healthier you and make it possible to reach a new demographic of non-believers- potential believers.
 
Mental- Learn the discipline and endurance that it takes to "Run the race set before us."
 
 Spiritual- Learn always to give God the glory for all that we accomplish.
 
Like the saying goes- "If it were easy everyone would be doing it."
 
I'll even ask Brock to make his bars to share with the group. Now if that doesn't make you want to join the 5K challenge I don't know what will.

Comments