Is May Over Yet?

Let's get caught up to speed real quick.
 
1. I got my StrideBox for May


The big item this month was the Klitch which is a clip that holds your shoes on the outside of your bag. I used it at the Fargo Marathon this past weekend and it seemed to work rather well. However, since the Klitch occupied so much room in the box I didn't get much more than that.
 
 
2. I accompanied Hannah on her field trip to Itasca State Park. Let me just say I appreciate what teachers do everyday and commend them for their patience and dedication. Oh yeah and I'm glad I don't have boys. Holy moly! That being said I can't wait to go back and run some of those trails.
 
On both sides of this fence is an Indian burial ground
 
3. Miss Olivia graduated pre-school.
 
So sad that my baby is growing up
 
4. Caitlin had surgery to remove a Branchial Cleft Cyst. On the surface it looked like a big pimple but the surgeon said underneath it was the size of half a kiwi.
 
Minutes before surgery
 
4. I ran the Fargo half marathon in 1:49:09 which is a new PR (personal record) for me.
 
New socks ruined from lots of rain
Finisher Medal
Some NARC members
 
5. My laundry room cabinets are finally installed. Yes this is a huge deal for me because now I can get my kitchen cabinets that I've waited 13 years for.
 
Finally have some extra storage
 
6. We got some more painting done on the mural in one of our Sunday School rooms. I estimated about 15 hours have gone in to this fun project. We're hoping to be done by the end of summer. Thank you again Leopold for lending your drawing skills to Bethlehem.
 
 
 
 
7. My sister and I are discussing the possibility of running a half marathon in Nashville together. Women's Running Magazine partnered with the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) to put together this half marathon series. I priced out airline tickets and rental cars and this is what my sister text me: Ahhhh. Perfect. We should rent a powder blue old ford convertible and listen to Elvis and wear little neck scarves.
 
 
 
Our Aunty M lives outside of Nashville so I asked if she could put up Thelma and Louise for a few days. Time to start my running travels (I hope, cross my fingers, and say a prayer). 
 
There have been many exciting things happening around here and the month isn't even over. My running partner Bryan and I have a summer running project that we'll be working on so I'll announce that hopefully in the next few weeks.
 
Remember the road behind you has brought you where you are today so don't forget to thank God for all His blessings.

Comments