Race Weekend Highlights

Surprisingly people still read my blog because quite a few people have asked me how I did at the Autism Speaks run this weekend. Thanks for asking!
 
 Well let me just say I didn't place or win any door prizes and I wasn't as fast as I would have liked to have been but that's okay.
 
"I am bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I would rather be than me." ~ Wreck-it Ralph
 
The sun was out, the temperature was decent, my friends were there, and life was good.
 
He looks like Flat Stanley
 
Life didn't seem so good for this guy though. I just ran over him [ahem] I mean around him. Actually I thought he looked a lot like Brock...nah. I also thought I saw this guy two blocks in front of me the whole race but that's impossible.
 
This very slick path was at the beginning and the end of the 5K. One of the race volunteers, who was on a bike, headed out in front of the racers and actually wiped out on this ice instantly. So that caused what I assume was a bit of panic because I could hear girls screaming behind me. I kept going determined not to fall or let anyone pass me.
 
It was at that moment that I thought of Tracy. While we were waiting at the starting line she told me, "My keys are in my purse in the car." Hmmmm I guess all I had to do was get the fob from the pocket of her lifeless body and I would have a safe ride home. Phew, I sure am glad she told me that.
 
I did my best to stay on the snow and not fall on my face for that short distance. I don't think everyone was as lucky as me but thankfully no one was hurt. There really isn't suppose to be ice in April. Mother Nature- I hope you're reading this.
 
I monitored my pace most of the run but I did struggle a bit. I haven't quite figured out why I couldn't pick it up but the last mile I did run with one shoelace untied. Good excuse? Nope. But that was the first and last time I single knot my laces. Anyway, I finished in 24:20 which isn't too terribly bad. I was hoping to at least get under 24 but you can't win em all (or any that college kids participate in).
 
I must have eyes in the back of my head. #117 for Autism Speaks.
 
Here's one more picture for you to enjoy.
 
Reenactment of real life events
I love the adrenaline rush that comes with racing. Now only 24 more days until the Fargo half marathon. Ugh! 

Comments