My StrideBox is Here

I was pretty excited to see a key in my post office box this afternoon. I was 99.9% sure that that key would reveal my April StrideBox filled with wonderful running products. You know, like some really cool running apparel or some new high tech running thingamajig that I'd get to test out.
 
For size reference I set my phone beside this humongous box.
 
Needless to say I was a bit disappointed with the overall size of the package. Not to say size matters but in this case it kind of mattered to me. No cool apparel or high tech thingamajig. Let me quickly explain what StrideBox is before I reveal the contents.
 
"StrideBox is a fun and exciting way to discover running products and accessories. Each month, as a member, you will receive a curated box of apparel, accessories, and nutrition products to fuel your training sessions, workouts, and races." - via StrideBox
 
For just $15 a month you get running related products sent to you each month. I figured I'd give it a try to see what I could get. I can cancel at any time so I'm not totally committed to anything.
Just thought it would be fun to try. Now let's take a peek.


Nicely Packaged

This package included:

1- Hammer Nutrition Chocolate Peanut bar
1- Action Wipes- Full body wet wipe
1- Single serving Energy Bits
1- Package of Mountain Berry Shot Bloks
1- Single Clif Shot Energy Gel
1- 3.5 oz Package of Barnana- Original chewy banana bites
1- Mini Chocolate Brownie Clif Bar
2- Nuun electrolyte enhanced drink tabs- lemonade and cherry limeade
1- Hammer Lips- wintermint lip balm
1- LED snap bracelet thingamajig (maybe new-ish technology)


A better look

Overall I'm ok with what I received. I've tried a lot of these products already but a few are new to me. The banana bites looked pretty nasty but since I'm all about trying new things I popped one in my mouth. It actually tasted like banana so that's a plus.
 
I just tried a Nuun hydration tab for the first time on my 16 mile run this weekend. You just drop a tab in your water and it dissolves like an Alka-Seltzer tablet. I thought it tasted like Airbourne. I didn't notice much of a difference between the Nuun water and just plain water. However, to be fair I really didn't drink a lot of the Nuun during our run.
 
The full-body wet wipe seems a bit interesting. Ingredients include soothing tea tree & eucalyptus to remove dirt, sweat, and odor from head to toe. Not sure when I would ever use that since I always come home and shower after a run. I guess I could try it after a race when I'm away from home.
 
Then there was the snap bracelet thingamajig, like the ones we had as kids. I wasn't sure what it did at first but there was an arrow connected to a little battery pack with a push button. So naturally, out of pure curiosity, I had to push the button and look what happened.
 
 
Ooooooh...Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
 
There's no name on this product so I'll have to do some searching on Google. There are three settings; solid, fast blink, and slow blink. I know I'm real technical. It's even long enough to slap on your upper arm or your ankle.
 
The energy bits seem interesting with 100% natural organic green algae. These are made with Chorella which is a strain of green algae that grows in fresh water. The website lists
Chlorella Health Benefits:
  • Helps Prevent Colds and Viruses
  • Helps Recovery from Colds and Viruses
  • Helps Prevent Other Chronic Health Issues
  • Helps Recovery from Chronic Health issues
  • Helps Build Immune System
  • Helps Prevent Hangovers
  • Helps Fight  Fatigue
  • Helps Longevity and Wellness
  • Helps Build RNA/DNA
  • Helps Detox and Cleanse
Now that sounds wonderful! I'm not sure one little sample pack will do all this for me but I'll give it a try and see how awful it tastes. Algae can't taste good and by the look of these bits they remind me of a dried out little pea that was dropped on the floor but not found for a few days.

I'm going to keep my membership for now and see what next month brings. A person could easily waste $15 on something much more lame during a month so why not give this a try? Hopefully they'll give something a little bigger in May.
 
 

Comments

  1. Totally want that snap bracelet for my ankle....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pretty cool thingamajig. It's starting to get lighter in the morning so I won't get to use it much now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment