Nike Rocks

Oh how I love Monday's! Rolling out of bed feeling like I haven't slept all weekend while trying to encourage myself to make it through the day. Or just trying to focus my brain long enough to find all of my running stuff. Trust me it's not always an easy thing to do in my house. It'd be a lot easier if I had a running outfit for every day of the week. What'd ya think hubby? 
 
I'll just have to settle on my snazzy new Nike Flyknit running shoes that finally came on Friday.
 They were specially packed with totally wicked motivation.
 
Ahhhhh the smell of new shoes!
 
Yes I still had my work clothes on but that doesn't matter because you don't have to wear special clothes just to try on shoes. I was a little worried when I actually held them in my hands for the first time. You see I usually order online at Road Runner Sports (90 day test run + free shipping) before I even see the shoe up close and personal. Maybe that's a bad idea but really it's hard to know either way until you get some miles on them. Anyway, I was surprised to see that they really are knit- duh. I apparently skipped over this statement from the Road Runner Sports website:
 
"One-piece upper with knit construction made of polyester yarns seamlessly integrates areas of high breathability, stretch, and support where you need it most."
 
Huh maybe my research skills are a little rusty. They weigh a whopping 6.7 ounces and have a thin tongue and laces. Something completely opposite from what I'm used to. I was skeptical.
 
So what do you do with new shoes you're unsure of? Well run 14 miles of course. This is not recommended but I am kind of a rebel like that. So I went out to a fellow NARCer's house Saturday morning...
 
Beautiful sunrise
 
...met Stella- the spastic cat who is starving for attention, or just pretends she is.
 
She was all up in my grill
 
...made Brock, aka Mr. Frosty, act like he was having fun...
 
I wish I could rock facial hair like that
...and made it through all 14 miles of running on gravel with brand spankin' new shoes. It actually went really well. I was a little sore and stiff in my lower back but overall everything ran smoothly. The soy milk has really helped with my stomach issues so I didn't have to take any bathroom breaks- you're welcome Brock's neighbors.
 
So I now have 20 miles on my new Nike's and they seem to be working really well. I gave my Saucony's to my daughter to sport and just sucked up the loss. We can't always be right the first time. And so I leave you with this...
 
"All I can be is the me that is me,
And today I'm liking the me I wanna be."
-Lori L******* (that's me)
 
Peas Out!
 
 
 

Comments