Let the Training Begin

Training for a full marathon can be grueling. It takes time (lots and lots of time), dedication, determination, strong knees, and good bowels. Hey it's the truth. 99.9% of the time the mental part is much more difficult than the physical part. Unless it comes down to the bowels that I mentioned and then the mind really has no control anymore. All you can think about is finding someplace to "go" and fast. So, in order for us to achieve our full potential we need to take care of the mind and the body. Notice how I used the words "we" and "us"? That's right I'm talking directly to you.




Nice try, but you are not allergic to exercise. Exercise is not all about losing weight and/or looking a certain way (or sweating and being short of breath). It's a way to feel healthy inside and out. Trust me, you're sanity will thank me later. *Gasp* you don't trust me? Next time your kids are driving you crazy or you're overly stressed run around the house a few times, or run up and down some stairs a half dozen times, or turn on your favorite song and sing and dance with all that God gave you. It'll help- I promise!

I'm not going to get into the science of it all (you know like endorphins and stuff) but most of you know exactly what I'm talking about. So start training for something today. A walk, run, boat race, eating competition, the last day of school, a concert, a girls night out, how to poop in the woods without getting caught. It doesn't matter if it's physical or not. Do some physical training for a non-physical event, who cares. No one will say, "Look at that person training for nothing." Be creative and witty with your reasoning. I know you can do it Jana!

So it's time for me to hit the road and rack up the miles on my new Saucony's for the Grandma's Marathon. I also have a half to squeeze out for the Fargo Marathon. I'm going to tell everyone I'm training to be a professional belly-dancer. I totally think they'll believe me.

 

Comments