Reasonilophy

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”
- Marilyn Monroe
I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. It might not be logical or even explainable but there is a path that each individual is bound to take. I call it reasonilophy- the philosophy of reasoning. Hang in there and I'll try to explain.

Just in the last week there have been so many wonderful and unexpected changes in my life. I now know why I felt this strong urge to meet Tim when I heard him on the radio. Our paths crossed at just the right time and now we're working together to make "I Run for Michael" a success.

Ok so maybe I can't completely explain why this all happened but it feels like it was meant to be. Tim is such a selfless and caring individual. Here's a little of what he had to say about all of this:

"To me, this was more than just a novel idea. It literally felt as though God reached down, touched my heart, and said "let's do this thing!" Now, I don't want any misconceptions, this is not about me, nor do I want it to be. It's about the amazing specially gifted people like Michael. He once competed in the Special Olympics... his event was the 50 yard dash. Michael is now wheelchair bound but his spirit is still strong. He doesn't race anymore except vicariously through me, and it uplifts him and his mother Mary! I never realized just how much this meant to them, to me it was just running in his stead, thinking about how hard he used to push himself to drive my legs further and further. Mountains have been moved in my heart because of all of this. I am just a vessel, Michael is God's true miracle."

When Tim asked me to run for Pippa I didn't hesitate with my answer. I've always wanted to do something much bigger than myself; something that could possibly help others in some way, shape, or form. So the reasonilophy (yes I made that up) as to why Tim crossed my path is simple. I need to help create bonds for more individuals like Tim and Michael.

This beautiful little girl pictured below is my running buddy Pippa (perfect match for this mother of 5 girls). She is 4 months old and lives in Australia with her parents and three siblings. I have been in contact with her mom, Gemma, and she described Pippa as her "special bundle".


Pippa Anne (we share our middle name)
Here's just a bit of what Gemma shared with me.

"Pippa has a hole in her heart and a heart murmur but we are in hopes that the next ultrasound on her heart brings us good news of self healing. I refused any antenatal testing what-so-ever to the disgust of doctors, which I found extremely insulting because we were having this baby no matter what problems were to be had. The minute she was born I knew she was a special bundle, and yes I cried but nothing can prepare you for these sorts of things. She was poked, prodded, measured, etc. before I actually got to hold her. Ever since I wheeled her from the birthing room to maternity, singing to her, I have never let her go. They told me she would be sent to another hospital and she would have to be tube fed, but she took the bottle like a lil trooper. We only had to stay in the hospital for a week, we are one of the lucky ones as many stay for weeks depending on what health issues they have. Her 2 y/o brother loves her so much, its like he knows she is special too, she has a body
guard for life with Spike."

 I am so honored that Gemma is allowing me to run for her precious little girl. It's a bit overwhelming (in a good way) with all of the emotions and blessings I've received. Pippa has inspired me to run as many miles as I possibly can this year. I decided that for every mile I run I am going to put $0.50 in the "Pippa Bank" and at the end of the year this money will go to a non-profit organization of the families choice. Every mile will be run for Pippa!

Check out The Road Behind Me Facebook page for more photos and updates.

Comments

  1. Oh My Lori, we cannot thank you enough for all your efforts and your extremely big heart. Please do not raise the monies for your run buddy Pippa, but please have any monies raised dontated to a cause for babies, children and adults living with Down Syndrome. That would make my day and Pippa's, many hugs and miles to go, Gemma xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Lori, Pippa is a very special little person, I hope you raise lots of money for special children like this, you are an inspiration for all children. go Lori, Maree xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a correction on where the money raised will go. Gemma, I hope this is ok. Thank you Maree for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment