Merry Running Christmas!

I wanted to do something special this Christmas season for all of my running friends that have joined and supported me throughout this year. Since I love photography and we have captured many memorable race moments I decided to make greeting card collages for each of them.
 

Just one of the many I adore!


Last year I set my mileage goal at 1200 and as of right now I'm sitting on 1211. Most of those miles couldn't have been completed without my super awesome running friends and supporters (like you). I spent soooooooooooo many hours out on the road and whenever I felt like I just couldn't go any farther someone would inspire me to keep going. I'm still baffled by everything that I accomplished in 2012 and I never could have imagined how it would all change my life.
 
I'm pretty pleased with my total mileage but I know I could have well exceeded 1211 if I had been more motivated this past month. I read this blog post just at the right time. I felt like I was the only runner who lost all motivation and was devouring cookies like the Apocalypse was really going to happen. I'm sure all of my readers noticed the lack of blogging as well. Sorry with work, kids, illness, activities, shopping, blah, blah, blah...I just can't do it all. Phew I finally admitted it. Our last week of Insanity was a total bust for me as I didn't make it to even one workout. Mike got this stomach bug and then I got a little piece of it (he's so good at sharing). So I'm just burnt out.
 
I am starting to get a little excited about running again as marathon training will start up in January. There are exciting changes and events happening for me in 2013 and I can't wait to share them with everyone. Just not right now (I know- boo to me). If the end of 2012 is any indication of how 2013 will be for our family then I'll be smiling all the way into 2014. I am truly blessed!
 
...and may you all have a blessed Christmas and New Year!

Comments