New Running Shoes Make Me Happy

Sadly my last week of vacation for this year is over and in just a few short weeks the kids will be heading back to school. I've been busy trying to get last minute things done, which really shouldn't be last minute, but that's how I roll. We've had sports physicals, school shopping, appointments, and some end of summer fun to wrap up. I also have the Newfolden Fire Department Chili Cook-off to organize and prepare for on September 7th from 6-8 p.m. (little advertising there).

So let's move on to some stress-free topics. The new shoes I desperately needed were ordered on Friday and arrived on Monday. Whoo Hoo! How fabulous is that? I highly recommend Road Runner Sports for running shoes and apparel. I get the VIP discount (only cost $1.99 to sign up), plus the shoes I wanted were on sale, and shipping is always free with a "warp speed promise". They don't fool around. Shortly after I placed my order on Friday afternoon I received this email:

Hi Lori!
Your order arrived to us faster than a speeding bullet and you can rest easy knowing your gear is zooming towards the truck!

I thought they were just humoring me but I was completely shocked to see the package in my post office box Monday afternoon. Seriously, they weren't kidding. Ahhhh my new Nike Pegasus+ 29 and they smell so good. Don't act like you don't sniff your brand new fresh out of the box shoes. It's a running rule- seriously I read it in the Runner's Rule Book.




This is my third pair of Nike Pegasus running shoes and they seem to work really well for me. Although I overpronate I've learned that a cushion shoe works better for me than a stability shoe. It seems as though the stability tries to correct my overpronation so much that it actually gives me blisters. Not sure if that makes sense but I get fewer blisters with the cushion.

Running shoes typically should be "retired" between 250-300 miles but my last two pair have seen well over 400. I've been rotating them on runs and knew I had to get a new pair but I just didn't splurge until pain set in. The top of my right foot was hurting so badly that it felt like I had a fractured or broken bone, plus my right leg was aching. When my Adidas broke down the right shoe actually started squeaking but they still felt decent enough to continue running in them.

Training for a marathon can add the miles on a pair of shoes fairly quickly. My Adidas held up through one full training program and half of another one. Not too bad but I think I'll stick to my Nike's. I ran a quick 3 miles with them yesterday and it made such a huge difference on my sore foot and leg. No more fresh smell for those bad girls though.

The best part about buying from Road Runner Sports is their 90-day wear em' and love em'
guarantee. You have 90 days to run, walk, dance, or whatever you want in them and if you're not 100% satisfied you can exchange them for another pair. Just like that. I've never exchanged mine but I have friends who have and they were satisfied with the process of exchanging them. Give it a whirl- it's totally worth it.

Running Wrap-up
Friday- some friends and I ran the Moosefest 5K.
Saturday- 3 mile run.
Sunday- ran 12 miles into a storm but only hit a little rain.
Monday- 3 miles in my new shoes. Ahhhhhhhhhh!
Tuesday- 4 mile run after Insanity (not smart) with some friends.

Another stress free item are these bottle glasses I bought for $1 at Michaels. They are sooooo funny and as much as I really wanted to post my photo with these bad boys on I'll let you see a stubborn little 4 year old who wouldn't open her eyes.

$1 of pure happiness and giggles

Comments

  1. Love the running shoes. I always wore Nikes. They seem to last the longest and fit my arch the best.

    I see the little Miss is hamming it up again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment