Final Stretch

It has been an exhausting summer already and summer hasn't even officially begun. I'm trying to stay on plan for my marathon training as much as possible but I've had a few very busy days. Sometimes it just doesn't always work into my families schedule for me to get a run in. Once Insanity is over and my mornings are free again then I can fully focus on running. 11 DAYS AND COUNTING! Everyone in our workout group is burnt out and they have hit the wall for sure. My husband is one of those wall hitters. I don't think it has so much to do with the actual workout but more to do with the time of day. Waking up at 4:30 a.m. to be at the school by 5 is very tough to do 6 days a week for 9 weeks. Trust me no one has complained about missing a few mornings here and there. 

We've all improved tremendously from where we were on day one. Although we've skipped a few of the Fit Tests we will definitely do the last one so we can see our final results. A few people have asked me about the Insanity program as far as weight lose goes. It hasn't been so much about weight lose but more about inches lost while building stamina, agility, and strength. None of us have lost a significant amount but I think overall we're satisfied! The sweat has dripped, the water bottles have been sucked dry, and buns have burned. So when Insanity is finally over what will be the next fitness plan/goal? There have been discussions regarding this question but I'm pretty sure everyone is ready for a break before we jump into something new.

I can't wait to finally get some miles on my bike and perhaps I can start swimming in our pool.

Yes I've done laps in this pool before. It's totally possible!

So just 11 more days and I will have officially completed the Insanity workout program. The days can't go by fast enough!


Comments