Preparation

Again this week started out with me being a bit down in the dumps, but after a nice visit with a friend today I am feeling much better. Plus I scored this bike- Yahtzee!




I had a good laugh at Wal-Mart (imagine that) this afternoon while trying to find a propane tank. My boss T and I went out in search of a tank for our grill at work. We found ourselves at Wal-Mart but weren't really sure where to look so T approached an employee standing behind the paint counter and asked, "Do you sell propane tanks?" The employee asked T what he said so T repeated himself. As the man walked around the counter he motioned for us to follow him then whispered, "I thought you asked if we sell cocaine tanks. I thought maybe you were still high." WHAT????????

Side note: Find time to watch Ellen because laughter is great medicine. LOVE HER!!!!!

I've been physically and mentally preparing for my big run this weekend but I've found it a little more difficult than I originally anticipated. My shoulder, which was slowly starting to heal, reared it's ugly head again during week 2 in the 100 Push up Challenge. My chiropractor recommended that I do not continue doing push ups on my toes but instead do them on my knees. That defeats the purpose of doing this challenge. I WILL NOT do push ups on my knees. I also have an ugly scab on my upper right thigh from chaffing that happened yesterday during a 10 mile run. That one proved to be an easy fix when I ran 4 miles tonight. My last physical problem is the tightness in the left hamstring, and that could cause a real problem. Tip: Do not run through hamstring pain.

As for the mental part I've been very careful not to speak badly about the people who have been harshly judging me and my family. So I will just say this; I will not be bullied, judged, wrongly accused, or harassed anymore. Do your own thing, live your own life, I have people who love and respect me. I don't deserve to be treated poorly especially if I don't know you. I know my blog would probably do really well with a tell all forum, but at this time I don't believe airing dirty laundry would prove effective. It has been difficult enough to deal with and for the past 6 months I have gone over the situation that happened with a family member too many times. The whole thing was twisted around on me and blown so far out of proportion.  I have no answers, no understanding, and definitely have not seen any compassion from their end. I have prayed more than I ever have before and I am thankful to be even closer to God, my husband, and my children. I have grown immensely from this situation and believe that God will continue to give me the strength to move past this. So, that is part of the mental I will have to set aside before this weekend.
I think Bryan is a little nervous for me but I believe I will get through it just fine. I will download a few more up beat songs onto my Ipod, hydrate, and continue to scrutinize everything I eat.

I am really excited to have the INSANITY program in hand now and a few friends have stepped up and said they are willing to sweat along side me. I also took my before pictures and wrote my "I will..." statement on the Team Tammy! group page. So I'm just about set to begin on Monday!!!!  For anyone still interested in trying this workout you have 5 days to decide. Just do it!

Comments

  1. You are a wonderful person, wife and mother. Never let anybody say different. What goes on between the adults should never get the children involved.

    Your running program is the best way to reduce stress and make yourself strong both mind and body. Good Luck for the Big Run this weekend. We send you all the love and support we can being so far away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment