Ho Hum

My whole schedule has been thrown out of whack. Here I am watching General Hospital; supper, homework, and run all done for the day. Me and my half burnt face sit on the couch typing away while the walls are thumping from the bass of one daughters music. Over the muffled beat I hear the soft notes from another daughters flute. The house windows are open so the breeze can dance through the sheer curtains in the dining room. All seems right with the world...and I am sooooooo flippin' bored.

Really, me bored? Well I don't need to be but it's kind of nice I guess. Some people would call this relaxing but to me this just seems like a big fat waste of time. The sun is still shining, birds are chirping it's completely unlike me to be sitting inside, or at least sitting still at this time of day. Hubby and I were up at 4:30 a.m. to get to our INSANITY workout at 5. We all made it through (survived) the fit test for Day 1 and this afternoon I secured a gym for us to go full throttle in tomorrow- yahtzee!

I should be tired, a little sore even, but I am none of those things. My 2 mile run tonight didn't hurt one bit and unexpectedly I didn't even cringe at the thought of going. I'm cringing more at the thought of not going as much as I have been. It's just weird that I never get a good enough "fix" on this addiction. Bryan's training is still going strong with the high mileage weeks now behind him, but I have a completely different race to prepare for.

For the Tough Mudder I have the running and mental part all taken care of but I just need to work more on my upper body strength. Scratch that, I just saw the official 12 mile course with 27 obstacles- yikes. Hurdles? Who the heck can do hurdles? #5 is Ball Shrinker, I'm guessing because the water below is super cold? Rope-a-Dope will be defined by roping this dope because 15' is a long way up with no knots to assist. Turd's Nest sounds quite interesting. If you fall through I imagine you fall like a turd and splatter all over the ground? Or are we the turds infesting the nest? 27 obstacles in 12 miles and if you count Electroshock Therapy at the end...that totals 28. I still have to buy hubby a spectator ticket which is $20. Really? People are going to pay to see a bunch of crazies run through mud, water, and fire, fall down, get shocked, and possibly break bones? Heck yeah, that sounds like $20 of some good ol' entertainment right there!






Comments

  1. The Tough Mudder sounds crazier than the Insanity Workout! There is something about those titles that makes me think you have to be a bit insane to even try it. Go for it my Insane Tough Mudder!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment