Boston Race Day

This is sooooo exciting! Track David Bennett here on the Boston Marathon site throughout the morning. His time will be updated every 5K so I can see how he's doing. GO DAVE!!!!!!

Update: Dave made it through this morning with a time of 4:10:29. I listened to some live coverage and while the top finishers were nearing the finish line I heard the announcer say it was 82 degrees. Ugh, those poor runners. There were 400 runners recruited and trained in CPR and placed strategically throughout the course in case an emergency were to arise. I love preparation.

Waiting for each update seemed to take more than 20 minutes and the last update felt like an hour (I was so anxious). I kept refreshing the page and I knew Dave should have been done but the 40K split was not showing up. I was concerned that the heat was just too much, but finally the finish time popped up and I knew it was safe to text Dave. He replied, "Not the time I was hoping for but it is over. Hills & heat not so fun." We are so proud of him!

I was emailed this picture from Boston. See the NARC on top? Yeah, we're totally famous now!

Comments