Being Sick

Yes that's right, I was sick. No need to panic because I still managed a 3 mile run Thursday (should have been 5), a 5.6 mile run Friday (should have been 6), and my full 12 mile run today. Not too shabby! I end the week only a few miles (2.4) short but my other daily workouts with Turbo Jam, Biggest Loser, and BODYROCK.tv has come to a stand still for now.

Everything was going great and even though I still managed to lose 2 pounds this week (the only loser of the week I might add) I was very disappointed. I believe it was Influenza A and it really got a lot worse before it got any better. I had the fever, sore throat, coughing, headache, body ache, everything in life sucks kind of sickness that no one wants. It didn't all come at once either. It was like every day something added to my misery and my bones just ached so badly. Now it's slowly going away- one symptom at a time. The coughing and stuffy nose are still present and it makes my running very difficult but not impossible- phew!

Side note: I strongly believe that all this coughing is working my abs so that makes up for some of the missed workouts.

Sleeping is a bit difficult as the coughing is much worse when lying down and my shoulder is still messed up from back in March. I've been to the Chiropractor twice and have yet to feel any relief. Ice helps but only while being applied. Back massages feel good but not to the area that needs relief. It feels like a pinched nerve so I don't think much can be done about that outside of a professionals office. I suppose I could tell my husband that massaging it really does help but with the way I've been feeling this week he's kept his distance.

I feel much better today, which will be great for Easter Sunday! Hopefully next week I will get back into my daily workouts and I plan on starting the 100 push-up challenge Monday. I will just hope for the best!

Happy Easter to all and remember those calories pack on fast!

What's your favorite Easter treat/candy?

Comments

  1. Hope this coming week is a better one for you. Keep up the good work. You will be a much healthier person because of what your doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment