Perfect Weather

The forecast this week looks ideal for running with temperatures in the 30's and 40's and even a possibility of reaching the 50's on Saturday. You know what that means? Huh! Well I'll tell you what it means for me. Not only does it mean our ski trip on Friday will be pleasant but today it meant we finally got to make a snowman. I absolutely love being outside and hate when the kids sit in front of the TV frying their brain cells, so we headed outside. The perfectly sticky and super heavy snow seemed to be calling my name. It's amazing how much motivation you get when the sun is shining and the temperature is 40 degrees. My three year old, Olivia, was so excited I just couldn't get ready fast enough for her. It was almost impossible to pick her up from daycare today because she was busy playing outside with her friend Ella. I started throwing snowballs at her hoping she'd surrender but that didn't work! She just giggled and ran away from me until I finally caught up to her and scooped her into the van. I was in a hurry thinking we had an orthodontist appointment at 4 but turns out it was suppose to be at 3. Poor Caley will have to have her expander in for two more weeks now, but on the bright side we have a cool snowman!
I was the laborer, like always, while the girls ran around throwing snowballs, giggling, and licking the snow (Olivia).  Caley did help me hoist the second ball up after she rolled it bigger than the bottom one. We used some celery for the nose, rocks for the eyes and some type of leaf stems for the mouth. The kids were happy anyway and that's all that mattered to me! Now I challenge my readers to go outside and do something other than running this week.
Hannah had to get in a shot also!

Comments

  1. It's great to get the kids outside and away from TV/Video games. Their eyes will appreciate it some day. Being in the fresh air just invigorates you. Thats quite a snowman you all created. Keep up the good outside work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment