Much to Say About Nothing

Although my life is super busy, and I have a lot I could be writing about, none of it really matters. I mean some of it matters but probably only to me and not to anyone else. Who really wants to hear about me running 19 miles tomorrow? Or how I started Turbo Jam this week? Or that I'm getting back into Martial Arts? Well maybe somebody reading this does want to hear about these things because that's the whole point of a blog, right? Sometimes it's nice to get a sneak peak into someones life and see just how similar we all really are. Blogs are kind of like invisible friends. Sometimes we feel like these people are right there with us experiencing the same things that we are. Other times we just wish we could experience other bloggers experiences. I think people are very interesting and since I'm not very outgoing, and live in a tiny town that I can't escape from, blogging is my secret oasis.

I wish Ellen had a blog because I think she's very interesting! I've been too busy lately to really watch all the DVR'd episodes of Ellen but they're there when I need a good laugh. Even in my most miserable moods or depressing slumps I can always turn on an episode of Ellen and laugh, and that my friends is something amazing. I sincerely wish that I knew someone like her. She's nonjudgmental, caring, funny, generous, beautiful, talented, and super funny. No I don't personally know all of these things about her and I understand that less than an hour on TV isn't much to go on but I feel happiness from her. My girls even like to watch her show and I never tell them to turn off the TV when she's on, but I do when Pretty Little Liars is on (mean mom).

Since I believe reading is so much more important and educational then TV, here are some blogs I recommend:
Shut Up + Run- I so wish I knew her
Princess Muddyfoot, Warrior Mom- This lady is super funny and very active. She was also my sister's friend and a favorite of mine!
I really hope The Big Green Giraffe comes back really soon, but I know she's very busy with her family. Pleasssssssse come back!
and I love being creative so made is also fab-u-lous!

All of these blogs have taught me to believe more in myself and now I have a fun, crafty, adventurous self that I've been missing for too long. Other things I've learned:

1. Thank God every day for every thing.
2. Be thankful for the people who sneak into our lives almost unnoticed.
3. Laugh often, even when you don't want to.
4. Never judge someone, especially when you don't even know them.
5. Help others often.
6. Do things that make others happy.

I didn't learn all of these lessons just from blogging but I like where blogs have taken me. Since the negative people are finally gone from my life I feel like I can really focus my time and efforts on the positive people who have "snuck" into my life. Another very important lesson that I've learned is that I don't need lots of friends I just need some really good ones!

19 miles tomorrow, let's pray that I make it!

Comments

  1. You'll make that 19 miles. You are quite a strong women and I believe you can and will do whatever you can to live your life the fullest. I'm very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU CAN DO IT LORI!!! You inspire me!!!!
    Tammy (Princess Muddy Foot, lol)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment