Goal Achieved!

I apologize for not following up with my last post. The original post that was to follow is currently in my saved folder, however recent events have prevented me from posting it. So I will just tell everyone that I managed to complete my goal of running five 10 milers in a row. In fact, I actually added one more day for a total of 60 miles in 6 days! I thought about going for seven days but I was getting a bit worn out and Sunday was also quite windy and cold. I had a few friends join me for this grand adventure so I'd like to thank Bryan, Shannon, and Dave. I didn't have the chance to find out how strong my will really was but that just leaves an opening for another goal. Overall it was a successful week with minor aches and pains. It was actually more mentally demanding than physically. Getting up early every morning is tough when you're not used to it and that puts you in a whole different state of mind. By mid-week I was preparing my husband and co-workers about my mental state. Thankfully they were all very understanding and supportive. By Friday I was ready for some much needed sleep and was relieved to be finished with the five I set out to complete. The hardest part was realizing I shorted myself about a mile after I had already returned home and was half undressed. It was so mentally difficult to get dressed and go back out into the wind and cold. I realized at that very moment that I let nothing stand in my way and I was more than satisfied with my accomplishment.
The weather cooperated, as did my stomach, so that was huge factor in my success and made the runs much more pleasant. Bryan and I were mistaken for aliens again, so I'm very happy our head lights serve their purpose. Safety in running is #1, especially when you run at 4:30 a.m. Also I must mention that it was the beginning of hunting season here so for fear of getting shot we had to be visible. Saturdays run was quite interesting as I saw many cars and every occupant was wearing safety orange. This proved to be the worst time to have to use the bathroom (or in my case bushes). Again, thank you to my husband for covering me! All these minor glitches worked themselves out though and each run went rather smoothly. Now I can move on to my next goal which will be posted in the very near future!

Comments