Tracking a 3 Mile Run

http://runkeeper.com/user/200953892/activity/32640488
Thanks to my friend Chris Lane I have been introduced to the above website which gives my readers a closer look at my running experience. Pretty cool I must say! FYI the site says 2.92 but I say 3, just sayin'. I believe the amount of sweat I produced, even long after I stopped running, was enough for a 3 mile run. 
Anyway, the map shows our normal 3 mile in town loop which overlaps itself a bit. I thought my overall time was decent with a pace of 9:14. I don't run for speed and therefore speed runs are few and far between. The stop watch on my phone read 26:59:39 at the finish point, so I was happy with that. I usually only time my runs when Bryan isn't able to run with me, just to make it more interesting. Apparently Bryan is very ill tonight and after work he headed straight to bed instead of grabbing his running shoes. I tried to convince him that running might help but he was not buying into my theory. So after I finished grumbling to myself I got my gear on and headed out into the drizzle. Yep, I even went out in the rain alone! I was barked at and chased by an ankle biting dog but I managed to stay fairly dry and positive. I also had some country song stuck in my head the whole time, but now I can't recall which one. I thought about my kids, work, church, shopping, grabbing that ankle biting dog by its neck, etc. I'm telling you, it gets very boring when you're alone. The most important thing for me right now is that I'm running. It doesn't matter how fast, how far, what the weathers like, or who goes with me. I just HAVE to go!

Comments

  1. I updated my map so the route looks a little straighter. Now it shows 2.95 miles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment