Hope

I did not run that 3 miles...or even 2 miles...or even 1 mile. I have never had pain so low it my back before and I'm still a little concerned. Thankfully the race is still far enough out that I can heal properly. If I had to bend down and touch my toes right now I wouldn't make it far. In fact I might just scream and fall over, but the pain is about 85% better than it was on Tuesday. It's slowly getting better. I was able to assist my husband with pushing a van out of some ruts this morning after church. I'm really hoping I don't regret that because he did warn me. So now I'm waiting for 3:30 to roll around so I can meet Bryan, Lori, and Kent for a 6 mile run. Yep, 6 miles probably isn't the best way to start but I'm going. No one said I would complete the whole 6 but I'm going to try it. Bryan is running a 12 so at least I was smart to only agree to half of that. Kent and Lori are the veteran runners in Newfolden that I have mentioned once or twice in a blog. They are nothing short of amazing! I believe Kent said they have been running for about 17 years now and they are NOT running Fargo this May. It's disappointing because they have been quite an inspiration for all of us newbies. I used to think they were crazy for running everyday no matter what mother nature was dumping out. Now I'm out there doing the same thing (just slower). So I must go prepare myself for this privileged run with some stretching, hydrating, and mental clarity. If I don't make it...well I better!

Comments

  1. I completed the 6 mile run without much pain! I also forgot to mention that Lori (the other Lori) ran a Boston marathon, so when I said privileged I meant it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment