Boredom Run

Product ImageAfter a long day of ice fishing yesterday and finally getting caught up on some sleep I really had nothing to do today. Of course there's always laundry, cleaning, and kids to entertain but those things didn't need my immediate attention. I also could have enjoyed a nap with my hubby but I didn't want to waste half of my day. I dug out my tote of tutu's with hopes of making a new one but ended up just taking a few out for baby gifts then back in the closet they went. I watched movie trailers on Hulu, text my sister, went through some paperwork, did some lunges, and looked out the window occasionally. I think mother nature was calling my name. Every time I looked out the window I had a wave of energy run through my body. That my friends is called the runners urge. I needed to get out of the house and run! Overcast skies, occasional rain drizzle, hazy streets, temperature in the 30's...yeah it's calling me. Running was that "something" I needed to do today. So I got my gear on and headed for the fitness center. I had no plans to run on a treadmill but I did want to lift weights before my shoes got wet from all the puddles. My plans changed slightly when Bryan text me and stated he could run a quick 3 with me. Even better to have company so off I went to meet him. Sometimes I don't realize how badly I need to run until I'm actually doing it. I went about 4 miles and although my shoes, socks, and pants were slightly wet it was the perfect running and mood weather for me. Besides, my new pair of Mizuno Wave Elixir 6 running shoes need water, dirt, sweat, and miles to be properly broken in. Check, check, check and check! Oh how I wish I was bored more often. 

Comments