Welcome 2011!

After 6 months of sporadic running my training is back in full swing! Actually it's Bryan's training for the Fargo full marathon, but I agreed to go along for the torturous ride. I should be able to handle the low weekday mileage, but as for the 16 and above weekend miles- he's on his own! I have no desire to run a full marathon and I'm not sure I ever will. So this year I will stick to the half, but I must work on my pace and my imaginary running partner. No one said it would be easy but so far everyone has said that I CAN do it. Everyone but me.
This week I totalled 25 miles and lost 1.5 pounds. I must say that is a nice start for the New Year! Running will be easier once the extra weight is gone, so there's no time like the present to start on portion control and healthier choices. I actually lost 3 pounds over the holidays, which is the toughest time to lose, therefore I think I will be good in that department. My biggest obstacle is going to be myself. Running alone is a whole different experience that I never thought I would have to do. I have made it through some solo runs before, but it wasn't easy and I kept telling myself to stop. I think too much and try to talk myself into and out of many different situations. Usually with running I can talk myself into going but once I get out the door I try talking myself out of it. "Just stop. You don't NEED to do this. No one's looking. Just stop and go back to bed." Most of my runs start out this way, but then I meet Bryan. I get the cheerful "Good morning." and "Come on. You can do it." Such positive reinforcement with such a pessimistic girl! His love for running far surpasses mine. Although I thought January was way too early to train for a May race but Bryan has a goal and he's ready to accomplish it. So as a good running partner and friend I have agreed to join him on this new journey, but I will have to work on my invisible friends attitude!

Comments