Not Ready!

So apparently Bryan and I are not ready to run another half marathon in October. At 7 a.m. on Saturday morning I was out the door for a 10 mile run. This was the longest run we have attempted since...well...I actually don't remember. It went ok on the way out but coming back was a little more challenging. I needed to call home, with only a few miles left, to request a beverage be delivered. We were walking at that point because I was becoming a bit dehydrated and my wonderful husband brought us some Powerade. I got back to the house at 9:30 and had breakfast! It was not a satisfying run but I did complete the 10 miles. So now it's time to kick it up a notch so we can get a decent time for the Fargo Mini Marathon. We did agree that running in the winter was much easier than in the summer. We couldn't wait to wear shorts but now we realize that the heat really takes a lot of extra energy. Staying hydrated is super important all the time but especially when it's hot outside. So now that it's hot and humid we just need to drink more and tough it out. After all doesn't extra sweat mean more weight lose? I wish!

Comments