Moosefest 5K

I ran a 5K with two of my girls tonight in Karlstad for Moosefest and ended with a time of 26:59. I was hoping for at least 26 but I wasn't able to pull it out. It was a warm night and I was ill prepared for a competitive run. The girls were participating to get a conditioning break for volleyball (an incentive their coach came up with). So I was just along for support and to be a chauffeur. Ha, once I got to that registration table I knew I had to get serious and have a respectable time, especially since I knew most of the people there. My first mistake was eating a Domino's sandwich for lunch because I was still feeling full at race time. Ick! I could actually say that was my only mistake unless you want to count the fact that I'm not used to running in the evening. It was also difficult with no one to converse with, since that seems to regulate my breathing. I had a few pains in my stomach, some chest and shoulder pain, and lots of sweat. Normally I also would have sprinted a bit to shave off some time but I just couldn't talk myself into it. I'd like to say I was in the top 20 because I could see everyone ahead, and it didn't seem like many, but I definitely could be wrong. Anyhow, my time was ok and I am very proud of my girls for participating. Even Caitlin who never runs got a time of 37:18. Time to rest for a 10 mile run in the morning.

Comments