Miscalculations are Frustrating!

Since the half marathon is on a Saturday Bryan and I have decided to change our longer runs to Saturdays. So after logging 15 total miles last week we planned on running 10 Saturday. I have been battling a miserable cold for about a week now, which makes running a little difficult at times. It seemed as though there was not enough tissue in the world for me on this day but I had to make do. It was much windier than a had originally thought, which can make breathing hard even when you don't have a cold. I was not looking forward to a long 10 miles. We started out running west, into the wind, and although I tried to shield my face a few times I just couldn't breathe the way I needed to. So we ran one mile west and turned south. Ahhhh what sweet relief! I let Bryan set the course since he was more familiar with the mileage out of town. I just focused on my breathing and runny nose. At one point I wasn't sure I was going to make it all the way back into town, so we prepared a quick plan for that. I was almost positive that the headache I was trying to avoid would linger for the rest of the day. It was just a miserable run for me, but Bryan later informed me that Saturday was he favorite run to date. Despite the wind, rain, snow, minuscule hail and all MY other issues the scenery was beautiful. We went west, south, west, south, east, and north until we finally got back into familiar territory for me. Bryan brought along a citrus energy gel pack so that we could try it during our last mile. Gross! I had such a hard time breathing while trying to swallow that extra thick nastiness that I gagged a few times. After I got it down it didn't seem to have any effect on me, except a little stomach ache, but Bryan thought it gave him a little more energy. So I just have to rely on my bodies natural energy to get me through the half marathon.
I made it home on my own will that day and was very happy that I completed that run. However not long after I was home Bryan sent me a text stating we had only run 8 miles, not 10. We were suppose to run 2 miles west in the beginning but veered off because of the wind. So ultimately if you cut one mile off going out you also cut one mile off coming back, bummer. Well I guess it's not the first time that's happened to me. So I suppose this next Saturday should still be an 11 mile goal for us. I guess you'll have to come back and read up to see if we finally calculate it right!

Comments

Post a Comment