The Payoff

It's been a while since I wrote anything on my blog and I'm going to keep it short. I'm about 5 miles away from a half marathon now- yay me! This past Sunday I ran 8.8 miles. My busy day made it a little challenging to find extra time but I made it work. With Brian's massive toothache and some minor aches in my back we made two loops around a section of Newfolden. I decided to end it strong and sprinted past two houses to end at Brian's driveway where I sat down in the snow and waited for him to run me over. Well he didn't, but he did give me a ride home since I was very tired and hungry. I felt much better with this run rather than last Sunday's when we ran 7 miles and my legs felt like they were going to explode. The tightness was so unbearable I had to stop a few times to stretch and on my way back home I called for a ride (two blocks). The minor aches and pains only last a short time but it's quite a nuisance. So thankfully the pain has started to pay off with some weight loss. Last weekend I started to adjust my daily calorie intake so now I should be golden! Perhaps a weight loss competition will commence in the near future!?

Comments

  1. I can't imagine running nearly 9 miles... wow. You're doing so great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment