The Start of Something New

A New Year brings lots of new adventures. So with that said I am ready to start living life to the fullest. This year I plan to complete many of my "list items" that have yet to be checked off. The first of my many goals is to run a half marathon in May- ouch!
I began running in September, just after a Fun Run/Walk, in which I ran about 3/4 of a mile in spurts. It seemed almost impossible to even run for more than a few minutes in the beginning. However, with lots of motivation from my running partner throughout these last few months we were able to run a 5K on December 5th. The temperature was 7 degrees, the coldest to that date, but we finished with a time of 31:35. We placed 253rd out of 498 registered runners, and a pace of 10:10 didn't seem too bad. I'm sure I'll look back at those stats one day and laugh. But I'm not running for a fast pace, I'm running just to run. Besides the fact that I want to be healthy it has become somewhat of a hobby for me. My running partner is a little more enthusiastic than I am but give it time and I will become addicted. So as a way to track my status I have decided to start this blog. Join me through the pain, test of strengths, and accomplishments. This is my journey!

Comments