Sunday Run!

Just finished 3 miles! The temperature according to my thermostat was 0. The sun was actually out for this run, unlike our dark 6 a.m. weekly running. I still had a few icicles on my brows and lashes but not too bad. Yesterday I only got in about 4 miles and when I got home my stomach and upper legs were bright red. This tells me that I need to dress warmer, which means buying better gear. I think the temperature was about 16 below zero and there were more icicles on my face than today. I also had a lot of aching tightness in my upper back yesterday, specifically my shoulder blades. Note to self: do research on stretching for that particular nuisance. Running more often and longer distances means more pain, so I need to prepare. Right now we are doing the prerequisite of the half marathon training program which goes something like this:
Monday- off
Tuesday- 3 miles
Wednesday and Thursday- 4 miles
Friday- off
Saturday- 5 miles
Sunday- 3 miles
After we get through four to five weeks of that we move on to longer distances. Gotta get pumped up for this!

Comments